Tuesday, June 28, 2005

I GET TO GO FISHING!!!

I am so pumped that I get to go fishing. My Dad, brother and myself are going on friday or saturday...or maybe both. We actually get to go in a boat to...but we have to paddle out. I have to get my boating license because my Dad doesn't want to get it and I think just the thought of taking a course and writing and exam makes my brothers head hurt.
Anyways, I absolutely love to fish...(but I don't touch the fish or the bait...yuck.) So my mom says "you sure are a fisherman..." (much sarcasim added) Oh well, who cares. But there is just something about feeling a tug on your line and the struggle to bring in the fish. The last couple of years I have mainly caught Rainbow Trout. They are quite the fighters. Then there are the perch which you don't even know that you have a fish but you bring in your line to cast it out somewhere else and you got this little one pounder on your line. Jack fish like to turn and turn and turn in hopes of breaking the line. And I think I've only caught one Waleye and so I don't really remember what they are like. Where we are going though, there are supposed to be a lot of Waleye.
I'm sure I'll get a rockin' tan too if the sun is out...which is what I'm a little miffed about. So I improved my room significantly and then the sun didn't show up on saturday. Somehow that plan just wasn't fair. I am not finishing my room unil I get a day of sun that i can tan...but really it improved a lot.

2 comments:

Nin said...

That's awesome, I know you've wanted to go fishing for a while now, so bless you and have lots of fun!
--Nin--
I'll pray for the sun to come out for you! (well, for me too!)

Lani - the flowerlady said...

Well, well, ya learn something new every day. I would never have pegged you for a fisher-person! Hope you have fun.