Saturday, June 18, 2005

I've been book tagged

I've been book tagged by Carebear

Total books I've ever owned:
I have no clue. My guess would be around 200 or so. I've books on a shelf, books in boxes, and books that I think my mom leant to my cousins.

Last book I bought:
I have to go check... Captivating:unveiling the mystery of a woman's soul, by John and Stasi Eldredge. And A love worth giving by Max Lucado. I have been reading Captivating and really like it, but have not yet started A love worth giving. I have too many books on the go.

Last book I read: (and actually finished reading)
It's not about me by Max Lucado. Very good book and a quick read. I enjoy all of Max Lucado's books.

6 Books that meant a lot to me:

Hinds' Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard. A classic. "An allegory dramatizing the journey each of us must take before we can live in 'High Places.'"

Sophie's Hear by Lori Wick. Just a very well written novel that's a tear jerker. Note to others: Don't read when your mom goes away for the weekend and you are very attached to her...causes even more tears. Hehe

Night Come Swiftly bye P.B. Willson (Bunny Wilson)
A book set in the slavery times in the States. I love reading about slavery and how the people lived. It's something that is very dear to my heart and touches me deeply.

Just Like Jesus by Max Lucado. very Helpful and is how I want to live.

Re-Entry: Making the Transition from missions to the life at home by Peter Jordan. So very helpful. It was still hard with reading the book so I can only imagine it would have been ten times worse if I hadn't read the book. I recommend it to anyone who does a missions trip and then comes home. We have so many expectations and hopes that just come crashing down and this helps you to stabilize and realize that most of it won't happen.

Master Potter by Jill Austin. Not done reading the first one but very much like Hind's Feet (as in allegory) very well done and interesting...Lani would agree I'm sure. (that's how I heard about them)
I don't think I'll tag anyone cuz I don't think i know anyone who is left to tag.





1 comment:

Trail Rider said...

the book, just like jesus was a good one....It changed and challenged alot of things in my life.
I really like that author.
blessings