Saturday, June 18, 2005

To be Real

As most of you know, when I came back from my awesome adventure I was plopped back into singedom. Wow, what a shock and how many lessons have I learned. First, I think I was a little more than slightly co-dependant, but that's not really what I want to talk about, but also still very much a part of the reason that I'm in the place I'm in. "We" used to do things with other couples. People that I very much enjoyed doing things with, and some of which I don't have very much to do with now. I actually didn't do that much without "him." The friendships that I did make on my own, and managed to keep somehow (not deserving them at all) have been very supportive and ones that i cherish. But with one of them being gone and the other blessed with a wonderful family, we get together about as often as possible, but being back in singledom I find that it's not often enough.
And so to be real...lastnight I had the opportunity to hang out with a bunch of wonderful young adults. Because of God and His divine planning the power went out and instead of playing trivial pursuit 90's version we had the opportunity to sing and share out hearts. We had a chance to open up and be real. I shared how there are people that I want to get to know but I find it a huge struggle to phone them up and go for coffee. Because when we're out for coffee it's like....ok, now what do we talk about. I think some of this has to do with my comfort zone, but this is something that I just don't like doing.
There's no point in looking back, but some of these people I feel that I could have developed friendships with if I was still dating and then take things from there.
And so God I need your help. I'm crying out for friends. Friends that I can go out and have fun with and learn from. Friendships that we can build into eachothers lives. Lord help me to be more real and to know it's ok to be in an awkward spot. Not my will but Yours be done.

There are so many people in our church that have awesome husbands that I so look up to and someday look forward to having one exactly like them in my life. Brothers who make me laugh, and who seem to be able to read me. All these men I think about, when they look at me it's like they have compassion, they see my hurt and feel for me. So I want to recognize these men and bless them so much and let them know I am so thankful for wonderful brothers like these.
Brothers of Honor
Darcy
Kelly
Joe
Chris
Andrew
Kevin
Wayne

3 comments:

Nin said...

I bless you my sister! What an amazing heart you have! It's an honor to watch you grow in the Lord, and to see that you keep your eyes focused on Jesus! and not the cicumstances of your walk. Keep sharing these wonderful things stored in your heart! We need to hear them!
-Nin

andrew + camille said...

I too love your heart, and your desire to know people in a deeper, real way. That is so right on! Wasn't it amazing how God shut down the power and we were able to worship, pray and share together?

I hope we can continue to be here for eachother - thru the different stages of life we're all in.

CWG said...

Wow what an honor. I am humbled in heart reading my name on the 'list' It has been wonderful watching you grow....(and giggle) (that was so funny at Sam and Vi's party..you just started cracking up...it's so....you) You are a blessing to many.